The Alcazar Cabaret Show is one of the most famous and elaborate of the katoey (a Thai word for transgender woman or an effeminate gay male in Thai) cabaret shows in Pattaya. The ladyboys who star in these shows love to strut their stuff, lip synching with plenty of camp attitude, and outlandish costume. Bus full of tourists from Asia filled the 1200 seat theatre capacity since its initial 1981 opening.
It’s suitable for spectators of all ages and takes place two or three times each evening. VIP seats closer to the stage cost more than standard seats and foreigners should expect to pay more than the Thai spectators.
The first show took place in 1981 wherein it featured only 100 performers and staff within a 350 seat building. The present day building opened in 1990 and can hold up to 1200 spectators during a single show.
Each spectacle lasts about 70 minutes and includes up to 400 talented male or ladyboy performers. There are also 400 equally talented crew members who operate the computerised lighting system, the Studio Colours and Circle Surround Sound DTS System, and a wide variety of other essential behind the scenes tasks which keep this elaborate show running.
Comedy, music, dancing, and impersonation are part of every Alcazar Cabaret Show performance alongside stunning backdrops, gorgeous costumes, outstanding sound, and state of the art lighting. The 17 different acts take spectators on a journey to China, Vietnam, Russia, and the four legendary regions of the ancient Siam kingdom. There are even performances to James Bond and modern K-pop music themes.
This particular cabaret show is particularly slick and professional which contributed to becoming one of Thailand’s most highly rated spectacles of its kind. It has often been compared to similar performances in Paris and Las Vegas.
Show performers are available for photo sessions with spectators after every performance. Photos taken by the show’s official photographer cost more than the pictures taken by the spectators with their own cameras. A Thai restaurant, souvenir shop, and café are all part of the Alcazar theatre complex.
- Be wowed by this renowned musical production performed by a large cast of elaborately costumed dancers
- Admire lavish sets and the modern theater’s state-of-the-art light and sound systems
- Listen to songs from Thailand, Bollywood and more
- Choose the showtime that suits your schedule
The duration of the show is 70 minutes. The price is the same for adults and children, from 500 THB to 900 THB and depends on your seat.
SHOW TIMES: 5.00 PM – 6.30 PM – 8.00 PM – 9.30 PM
WHAT’S INCLUDED ?
- One soft drink
- English speaking staff
- Insurance coverage
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED ?
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
WHAT EXTRAS ARE AVAILABLE ?
- VAN ROUNDTRIP – A driver will pick you up to your hotel going at Alcazar Cabaret Show and bring you back then.
- Please arrive at the theater 15 minutes before the start of the show if you’re coming by yourself
- Roundtrip (extra) by air conditioned van is available only if you’re staying in Pattaya, and Jomtien up to Soi Chaiyapruk.
- You must show the electronic voucher (print is not required)