Discover the back streets inside the Old City walls of Chiang Mai on a slow and easy 11 kilometers bike ride suitable for families with young children.
Meander through the small lanes to sights such as the Wat Chiang Man, Chiang Mai’s oldest temple where ancient marble and crystal Buddha images are enshrined. Discover the rarely visited Wat Sadue Muang, known as the « Temple of the City Navel » in reference to the location where the temple was built over 700 years ago. See its glorious white Buddha statue and the Three Kings Monument.
Learn more about the Wat Chedi Luang, built to house the ashes of a Lanna king and formerly the home of the Emerald Buddha now at the Wat Phra Kaew in Bangkok. Admire the gate of Tha Phae, where traders used to bring their wares into the city, and learn about Chiang Mai’s history as a trading hub. Then, wander through Somphet Market and taste a few of the local fruits and sweets.
This tour is guaranteed for a minimum of just 1 traveller. And the group size is limited to only 10 travellers so that you get all the attention you want in an intimate group. Local snacks are provided during the tour, and clean water is always available to keep you well hydrated.
An experienced English speaking, local leader will host you on this trip who is well spoken, very well informed, and charming. Guides are often cited as being the main highlight of the tour. Guides are local leaders who have a passion for their country and are always well informed on topics ranging from history, politics, cuisine and importantly local customs and cultures. Guides will take pride in introducing you to every aspect of their country.
- Bike the back lanes and alleys of Chiang Mai’s Old City
- Discover some of the city’s oldest and finest temples
- Stroll through a fresh food market and sample some of the wares
- Learn about Thai history, food and culture
- Overview of the city, perfect for first time visitors
- All necessary equipment included
The duration of this tour is almost 4 hours and the departure time is 9.30 AM. The price is 1190 THB for adults and 1090 THB for children (under 15 years old).
WHAT’S INCLUDED ?
- Entrance fees
- Insurance coverage
- English speaking guide
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED ?
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- You must arrive 15 minutes before departure time (9:15 AM on site)
- All participants heights must be advised at time of booking
- You must show the electronic voucher (print is not required)
MEETING POINT (SEE MAP BELOW)
Grasshopper Adventures Shop
87 Bumrung Buri Road, Prasing, Muang, เชียงใหม่ 50200