Explore one of Thailand’s National Marine Parks on this 9 hours trip to the Similan Islands, located at the junction between the Andaman Sea and the Indian Ocean.
The 9 islands cover an area of approximately 50 square miles (130 square kilometers), and were created from volcanic activity some 65 million years ago. Smoothed down by glacial ice, they now stand as granite-based islands, covered in rich foliage and home to superb corals.
Head approximately 54 miles (90 kilometers) northwest of Phuket to reach the islands by speedboat. Similan has gained great fame as a prime diving location and is consistently rated as one of the top international dive sites in the world.
The Similan Islands are home to a huge variety of marine life, including many rare and endangered species. It is the best place for snorkeling in a pristine aquatic environment and considered one of the best diving spots in the world. Marvel at the natural beauty as you try out a variety of activities or simply relax on the white sandy beaches and enjoying a delicious National Park Restaurant lunch.
During late March and early April, Thailand’s hottest period, rising sea temperatures cause plankton blooms, attracting a wealth of larger creatures into the area, resulting in chance encounters with schooling chevron barracuda, giant trevally, rainbow runners and reef sharks. There’s also a selection of rays including eagle, marbled and the enormous but graceful manta.
- Discover one of Thailand’s most beautiful marine parks in a tropical paradise
- Cross the Andaman Sea by speedboat to the islands of Similan
- Travel by speedboat and admire the idyllic island paradises from the sea
- Snorkel among stunning coral reefs and see an abundance of fish
- Head to Na Beach on Koh Miang to enjoy the pristine beach and explore the island
The duration of this tour is 9 hours and the departure time is 7.00 AM. The price is 2600 THB for adults and 1900 THB for children (under 12 years old).
WHAT’S INCLUDED ?
- Soft drinks and fruits
- Snorkeling equipment
- Life jacket
- Insurance coverage
- English speaking guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- National Park entrance fee (400 THB per adult and 200 THB per child)
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED ?
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Tour program can change due to tidal and weather conditions
- Bring your towel, sun cream, sun hat, sunglasses, flip-flops, and a camera
- Wear flip flops or sandals rather than shoes
- Shorts are advisable as you could start out in ankle-deep water. Do not expect to stay dry on a speedboat
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant ladies, infants or people with back or neck problems
- You must show the electronic voucher (print is not required)
HOTEL PICK-UP AND DROP OFF SERVICE
Free hotel pick-up and drop off service is available only if you’re staying in Patong, Kata, Karon, and Phuket Town. If you’re outside these areas, contact us to organize your trip, extra may apply.